If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, check out HopCat. It will be open at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 21 to celebrate its 9th anniversary.
There will be with free fries, special beers and a Crack Fries Eating Contest. The winner gets a $500 HopCat gift card, free Crack Fries for a year and a spot in the Crack Fries Eating World Championship ($2k Grand Prize) at the 2017 Michigan Brewer’s Guild Summer Beer Fest in Ypsilanti.
The Crack Fries Eating Contest begins is at 3:00 p.m. Funds raised through the contest’s $5 entry fee will be matched by HopCat and donated to the Cass Community Social Services.
HopCat is located at 4265 Woodward.
There will be special tappings of the following beers:
- z Stout – 12% ABV
- Griffin Claw Brewing Co. Flying Buffalo Imperial Stout with Hazelnut & Coffee – 11.5% ABV
- Oskar Blues Brewery 2014 Ten FIDY Russian Imperial Stout – 10.5% ABV
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Company – 2015 Narwhal Imperial Stout – 10.2% ABV
- Dogfish Head – World Wide Imperial Stout – 17% ABV
- Almanac Beer Co – Farmer’s Reserve: Wine Barrel Aged Blueberry Golden Ale – 7% ABV
- Bell’s Brewery – Hopslam Imperial IPA – 10% ABV