Looking for some unique holiday gifts? Would you like to support women entrepreneurs when you buy them?
The Michigan Women’s Foundation (MWF), a non-profit organization that for nearly 30 years has been working to achieve social and economic equality for Michigan’s women and girls, is hosting its first Holiday Marketplace on Dec 1 in Detroit to showcase and support area female entrepreneurs.
Approximately half of the vendors have been recipients/participants in either MWF’s microloans or Entrepreneur You program, which is designed to teach women entrepreneurs how to successfully start their businesses.
Here are the details:
Michigan Women’s Foundation Holiday Marketplace
Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2015
5:30 – 8:30 pm
Chic Events 1420 Washington Blvd. in Detroit
Featured companies to include:
- Mutual Adoration, wood items
- Love Travels Imports, home accessories (We recently did a blog on Love Travels Imports.)
- Thumbprint Artifacts, accessories
- The Peacock Room, clothing and accessories
- City Girls Soap, soap
- Slow Jams, jam
- Trish’s Garage, clothing and accessories
- Live Coal Gallery, art
- Busted, lingerie
- Olive Seed, herbal products
- DSR Apparel, clothing and accessories
- Yumbitz, cookies
- Facial Art, skin care
- Traveling Pants, fashion
- Detroit Fiber Works, fiber art
- Natural Works Hair, hair care
- Firebrand Candle, candles
- Mrs. Pruitt’s Cha Cha Salsa, salsa
- My Sister’s Jewelry, jewelry
In addition, you can choose a children’s book from author, Renee Pruitt or cookies and scones from Nina Trump.