Ok Go Blue fans, here’s a chance to wear your colors … to show your Detroit Lions pride.
The Lions will play the Baltimore Ravens December 16 on Monday Night Football … a day the team has designated “One Pride BLUE OUT.” The Lions want fans across Michigan to wear Honolulu blue that day … especially fans attending the Monday night game at Ford Field. They want to see a sea of blue rockin’ the joint.
This will be the Lions first ever “One Pride “BLUE OUT” game. Here’s the drill.
- Fans will wear Honolulu Blue to work, school, pre-game festivities and to the game.
- Local and state businesses and governments are being encouraged to help spread the word and participate.
- Detroit businesses will “turn their lights on” for the national TV audience – “Blue” Lights, if possible.
There will be events galore.
- Detroit’s 25-member Selected of God Choir will sing the national anthem.
- Detroit Rock City will leverage the strong tie with the Detroit music heritage and feature Detroit-themed music during game.
- A video produced by WXYZ will showcase the best of Detroit with integration with Lions Detroit community initiatives.
- The fan premium commemorative One Detroit One Pride Fathead will feature Calvin Johnson.
- The Together We Make Football finalist Chris Harris will be honorary captain and his story promoted at the game.
- Fans are encouraged to take pictures during the game and send them to #onepride to be featured during the game and on Detroitlions.com.
Many Lions alumni will also be at the game.
The Lions will welcome back Desmond Howard, Al “Bubba” Baker and Wally Triplett and focus on their accomplishments after football. Larry Lee, a former Lions player who also served in the front office, will perform pre-game and during game with his well-known, Detroit- based band “Larry Lee and Back In the Day Band.” The act will feature Detroit-themed music.
Bennie Blades, Lamar Campbell, Dorne Dibble, Keith Dorney, Doug English, Eric Hipple, Erik Kramer, Tom Nowatzke, Rodney Peete, Robert Porcher will also attend the game.
The Lions Official Tailgate Party will be held at Pride Plaza on Brush and is presented by Bud Light. It’s free. So if you are headed to the game or just looking for a great place to hang out in downtown Detroit with other Lions fans stop by between 5:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. on game night. The Pride Plaza will have “blue lighting” and outdoor holiday ambiance.
You can tailgate at the one-of-a-kind Bud Light Build-A-Bars with cocktails, wine and Bud & Bud Light service. Detroit area food trucks – El Guapo, Detroit BBQ, Shimmy Shack, The Mean Weenie, and Treat Dreams – will also be around the plaza.
If that’s not enough there will be live music and entertainment. DJ Ryan Richards from 98.7FM and other notable Detroit areas DJ’s will spin Detroit-themed music and all the best party songs. Plus there will be entertainment from Roary, Theo, Lions Drumline, and others as well as live broadcasts from WXYZ Channel 7 and 97.1 “The Ticket.”
Come on down and put your blue on. It’s also a good time to show your Detroit pride.