Who knew driving away the evil red dwarf that curses Detroit could mean discounts and deals?
So what’s a “bib discount?” Well, these are special deals you get if you participate in the inaugural 5k race, the “Run du Nain Rouge.” These sweet deals include $3 off bus tickets at the Detroit Bus Company, 10% off all new and vintage glassware at Hugh, and 10% off food at the Majestic for runners and March-ers. You can also get:
- $5 draft of PBR pint and well shot “Nain Special” at the Cass Café for everyone
- Half off Nain Rouge cocktail at Seva
- $1 off any sandwich at Slows To-Go
- Nain-themed pizza from 4-10 p.m. at Woodbridge Pub
- Bloody Mary Bar at the Bronx Bar with $1 off for runners
- 10 percent off at City Bird
- 10 percent off at Nest
City Bird and Nest will host the Nain Rouge Warm-Up on Sunday, March 24, from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm. City Bird will also reveal its exclusive 2013 Marche du Nain Rouge T-shirt, a collaboration with Detroit-based artist Michael Burdick. You can also check out the selection of exclusive Nain Rouge-themed goods, make a mask to wear at the Marche and enjoy refreshments and music from DJ Big Time America. Free beads with every purchase. A portion of all proceeds will be donated to the Marche.
Running not your thing? Don’t worry. There are discounts for you, too.
- $12 red manicure at Textures by Nefertiti
- Rouge Tag Sale” with select items discounted from March 21-24 at Hugh
- Pure Detroit will donate $2 of all Nain Rouge-theme merchandise to the Marche
Not enough for you? Here’s more! There’s 10% off all standard bicycle tune-ups at The Hub of Detroit and a discount is being offered on Detroit almanacs at Source Booksellers.
Some discounts being offered by Detroit restaurants include:
- A 12-oz pot of Marche du Nain Rouge themed tea and treat for $4 at Socra Tea
- Nain Rouge cocktail at Seva
- “ll Nano Nocivo” pizza special at Supino Pizzeria
- Beans and rice entrée with two sides for $13.95 at Slows To-Go; $3.95 for vegetarian version
- “The Effigy Pizza” at Motor City Brewing Works
- Nain cocktail special at Green Dot Stables
- Marche du Nain Rouge themed crawfish boil dinner and “Devil in a Red Dress” dessert at Traffic Jam and Snug March 23
- Nain Rouge Beef Stew at The Bottom Line Coffee House on March 23-24
- High-octane brews available from March 22-24 at Motor City Brewing Works
- Six fundamental fitness classes at CrossFit BMW for $50 ($150 value)
- $35 tune-ups at Wheelhouse Detroit if customer says, “Get that Nain off my back!” between March 22-24
- Free doggie nail trim at Canine to Five on March 23
The Marche Du Nain Rouge is a Detroit tradition where thousands of masked and costumed revelers take to the streets of Detroit to banish the folkloric “Nain Rouge” or “red dwarf” from the city and save it from its woes. For more information about the event, check out our post.